Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Several issues with the Android app

Several issues with the Android app

(Spotify version 8.7.22.1125 - Android 12)
First off, the "Now Playing" tab keeps disappearing resulting in me having to quit and open the app again. This seems to mess with the background playing functionality too. Second, the app doesn't seem to get redirected to the right page when I click on a spotify share link, it either shows me a blank screen or redirects me to the album or artist page i was previously on.
And last but not least, I have a paid subscription with Spotify, which should eliminate ads, yet I still get ad breaks on podcasts. I guess I should cancel my subscription if I still get ads and if the app itself now struggles with simple functions.
1 Reply

Hi.

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

The right team is aware of this situation (Now Playing bar missing), for this reason, we recommend that you visit this thread for more details related to this issue. 

Also, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. Additionally, make sure to follow the content included on the Status update section.

On another note, could you tell us if the issue persists when opening the Spotify link from a different device?

Lastly, as part of the Premium subscription, all music can be enjoyed ad-free, and while Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship independently of the streaming platforms featuring such podcasts.

We'll stay tuned.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts