Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

I have just subscribed to spotify premium on my laptop. How do I pair up my Samsung Galaxy A3 so I share the same facilities?

• I have just subscribed to spotify premium on my laptop. How do I pair up my Samsung Galaxy A3 so I share the same facilities?
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music downloads

Every 2 days the music i have downloaded to where i can listen offline dissappears and becomes un-downloaded. This just recently started happening the past couple weeks and have no idea why. Im getting tired of searching for everything again and down...

• Casual Listener
  • Every 2 days the music i have downloaded to where i can listen offline dissappears and becomes un-downloaded. This just recently started happening the past couple weeks and have no idea why. Im getti...
  • erediger
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Receiving no Notifications

The setting is activated that I should receive push notifications for new realeased music. And in the Android settings everthing is okay, too. I never got any notivications neither on Windows (since the bell was still available) or neither on Andorid...

• Regular
  • The setting is activated that I should receive push notifications for new realeased music. And in the Android settings everthing is okay, too.  I never got any notivications neither on Windows (...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

'Download using cellular' turned on, still can't download

I always update my Spotify app, however, one update broke the feature that has always been working. Is this a bug that someone else have experienced or is it just me?Version: 5.8.0.1029Android: 5.1 (API22)Device: Asus Zenfone Go

• Regular
  • I always update my Spotify app, however, one update broke the feature that has always been working. Is this a bug that someone else have experienced or is it just me? Version: 5.8.0.1029 Android:...
  • gazer104
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

No puedo abrir la aplicacio con mi cuenta pero si en la web. Que hago?

• No puedo abrir la aplicacio con mi cuenta pero si en la web. Que hago?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in on Android phone

I have recently joined family premium woth my husband. Spotify will allow me to log into it on my computer but we i try to log in on the Android app with my username and password it tells me i dont habe a facebook account connected with spotify and i...

• I have recently joined family premium woth my husband. Spotify will allow me to log into it on my computer but we i try to log in on the Android app with my username and password it tells me i dont h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal Mixtapes only working on Desktop

Hi there, as the topic already says, I can't use the "Your Mixtape" feature on my android devices.It only works on my MacOS application.I did not found anything regarding this problem in the web.Anybody who also had this issue and can tell me how to ...

• Visitor
  • Hi there,   as the topic already says, I can't use the "Your Mixtape" feature on my android devices. It only works on my MacOS application. I did not found anything regarding this problem in...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Singles section and albums disappeared

Hi! I have 2 problems. I have spotify on my android and on my computer.Why isn't the singles section there anymore on my android spotify? It has disappeared for a long long time! Sometimes the singles have other songs within, for example those of Eny...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have 2 problems. I have spotify on my android and on my computer. Why isn't the singles section there anymore on my android spotify? It has disappeared for a long long time! Sometimes the sing...
  • watermark
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reagiert nicht

Seit dem letzten update von spotify reagiert spotify nicht direkt und beendet sich von selbst. Ein fehlerhaftere Version gab es bis jetzt nicht.

• Seit dem letzten update von spotify reagiert spotify nicht direkt und beendet sich von selbst. Ein fehlerhaftere Version gab es bis jetzt nicht.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep losing added/downloaded songs from my library

All the sudden when I got to recently played artists or my songs. I may have only a few songs from certain albums and over 1000 songs from my library. I've been using Spotify for months and beverage had this sorta problem.

• Casual Listener
  • All the sudden when I got to recently played artists or my songs. I may have only a few songs from certain albums and over 1000 songs from my library. I've been using Spotify for months and beverage ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Auto Play?

To me it seems that the Auto Play is a new feature. I did not ask for it. And neither did I find anyone in this community that asked for it. What we asked for is the option to change the position of the tracks, we asked for a good way to handle audio...

• Music Fan
  • To me it seems that the Auto Play is a new feature. I did not ask for it. And neither did I find anyone in this community that asked for it.   What we asked for is the option to change the pos...
  • Vanterax
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spofity and Google Music Pausing War

Hello everyone, I have encountered an obnoxious issue on my Android. I have a Moto X 2nd Gen, running 5.1, Spotify app version 7.5.0.1076 armV7, and Google Play Music version "7.2.4222-1.L.3634639". I've checked for updates to the phone, spotify, and...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I have encountered an obnoxious issue on my Android. I have a Moto X 2nd Gen, running 5.1, Spotify app version 7.5.0.1076 armV7, and Google Play Music version "7.2.4222-1.L.3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • google music
    google play
    pause
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing after album

When I go to sleep, I shuffle play an album. When the album has played all the way through, it starts playing from the album radio. How do I get this to stop? I only want it to play the album I selected.

• Visitor
  • When I go to sleep, I shuffle play an album. When the album has played all the way through, it starts playing from the album radio. How do I get this to stop? I only want it to play the album I selec...
  • Herregaard
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I sign out on android?

I have spotify on my android phone. How do I sign out when I want to stop listening? I've been using "forcestop" on the app, but I don't think that's probably the best way. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify on my android phone. How do I sign out when I want to stop listening? I've been using "forcestop" on the app, but I don't think that's probably the best way. Thanks!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Scared about auto resume on second device

Hey guys, since last week a ran into a scaring issues with my spotify setup.I usually go to the gym and hook up my iPhone to the sound-system.After the workout I head over to the changing room, leaving the iPhone behind but still playing music. As so...

• Hey guys,   since last week a ran into a scaring issues with my spotify setup. I usually go to the gym and hook up my iPhone to the sound-system. After the workout I head over to the changin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Resume Playing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Free play

Hi I'm Pooh Bear aka ***********@gmail.com you say 30 minutes ad free, but it plays 3 approximately 2:45 average songs and goes too an even longer ad. This has only been in the last two months or so. You got an actual 30 minutes music play before. I'...

• Visitor
  • Hi I'm Pooh Bear aka ***********@gmail.com you say 30 minutes ad free, but it plays 3 approximately 2:45 average songs and goes too an even longer ad. This has only been in the last two months or so....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Glitch] Repeat and Shuffle automatically disables to switch to Radio

I will be listening to a single playlist with two or three songs, or even a single song after two times, both the Repeat function and Shuffle Function disables to automatically switch to radio without my permission.This glitch has caused data consump...

• Roadie
  • I will be listening to a single playlist with two or three songs, or even a single song after two times, both the Repeat function and Shuffle Function disables to automatically switch to radio withou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio

Everytime I try to play Logic radio, it either says I need premium, or simply doesn't react. All my other stations are working just fine. What is happening??

• Everytime I try to play Logic radio, it either says I need premium, or simply doesn't react. All my other stations are working just fine. What is happening??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists auto switching to song radio

Just recently I noticed that when my playlists play through to the last song Spotify suddenly then starts playing random songs from Song Radio. Before it would stop at the end of the last song on the Playlist. Maybe something to do with a new Spotify...

• Music Fan
  • Just recently I noticed that when my playlists play through to the last song Spotify suddenly then starts playing random songs from Song Radio. Before it would stop at the end of the last song on the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear S3 BT connection not stable using direct link via WLAN

Dear all, using Spotify via the Smartphone works fine. But using it via WLAN and transmitting it to a BT receiver plugged to an amplifier doesn't work properly. Connection isn't stable and stutters significantly so that app is just not useable. Does ...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all, using Spotify via the Smartphone works fine. But using it via WLAN and transmitting it to a BT receiver plugged to an amplifier doesn't work properly. Connection isn't stable and stutters s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes