Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with stared playlist

Brief description of the issue: I cannot add songs to my stared playlist anymore.Steps to reproduce the issue: search a song and select add to playlist.What steps you’ve tried already: I tried reinstalling Spotify I also tried adding somgs from other...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: I cannot add songs to my stared playlist anymore. Steps to reproduce the issue: search a song and select add to playlist. What steps you’ve tried already: I tried re...
  • zany130
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify won't open

Whenever I try to open my Spotify it closes immediately has anyone had this problem before ??

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to open my Spotify it closes immediately has anyone had this problem before ??
  • jr25
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app not fully opening/spotify app isn't responding

Hi there For the last few days my spotify premium on my samsung s5 has not been working. I've tried deleting cache, factory reset, i've tried the SD card thing and nothing is working. Please please please tell me how i can get my app to work. Don't m...

• Hi there   For the last few days my spotify premium on my samsung s5 has not been working. I've tried deleting cache, factory reset, i've tried the SD card thing and nothing is working.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium - Spotify Deleting Songs

I have a premium account and have just found that all the songs I saved and have downloaded from artists have been deleted... So now it shows zero songs saved searching under the artist selection. Anyone know the reason for this and a way to recover ...

• I have a premium account and have just found that all the songs I saved and have downloaded from artists have been deleted... So now it shows zero songs saved searching under the artist selection. An...
  • themarcknight
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Song Replacement
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Login(?) failure

Hi.I have a problem with connecting on Spotify on a Samsung deviceYesterday, I could listen to music like I ever did, on a premium account. Nothing strange or any bugs (sometimes ap closing, but nothing harmful)But this morning, I received the messag...

wpid-spotify-android-4-pictures-hands-on-2.jpg
  • Regular
  • Hi. I have a problem with connecting on Spotify on a Samsung device Yesterday, I could listen to music like I ever did, on a premium account. Nothing strange or any bugs (sometimes ap closing, but ...
  • miguedrive
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't stream a whole local album

Please, can you all tell me why can't I stream a classic album from my country? I'm from Peru and i'm not able to stream the classic album "We All Together" by We All Together band, it's rare because a couple of months I am able to, but now the app s...

• Casual Listener
  • Please, can you all tell me why can't I stream a classic album from my country? I'm from Peru and i'm not able to stream the classic album "We All Together" by We All Together band, it's rare because...
  • Rottame
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading songs for offline

I just started having the problem of not being able to download any songs to my phone. My SD card has plenty of storage sapce but as of about a week ago all my spotify says is "downloading 0 out of x amount completed". Occasionally it would download ...

• I just started having the problem of not being able to download any songs to my phone. My SD card has plenty of storage sapce but as of about a week ago all my spotify says is "downloading 0 out of x...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify doesn't open

Hey all,Can someone help me out pls.I have resetted my android fone the day before yesterday.So when i installed spotify again it opened once. So i logged on. But now, everytime i want too open spotify, it throws me out.I already tried a few times wi...

• Hey all, Can someone help me out pls. I have resetted my android fone the day before yesterday. So when i installed spotify again it opened once. So i logged on. But now, everytime i want too op...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connection issues
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files on my PC won't play on my Android

I have an HTC One M8 running Lollipop Stock Android.Anyway, two days ago there was an update for Spotify on my phone, and now all of my local filed that I had synced to my computer as well as my phone won't play anymore on my phone. The songs are the...

• I have an HTC One M8 running Lollipop Stock Android. Anyway, two days ago there was an update for Spotify on my phone, and now all of my local filed that I had synced to my computer as well as my ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am unable to log into my account

I need help logg ing into my account the email that I have linked to my account is no lone r active so when I try to reset my password the email doesn't come to me. How can I get thay fixed? My username is twistedwrench...

• Casual Listener
  • I need help logg ing into my account the email that I have linked to my account is no lone r active so when I try to reset my password the email doesn't come to me. How can I get thay fixed? My usern...
  • Twistedwrench
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps creating picture folder with Spotify icon

Phone is galaxy S6 edge+ android version 5.1.1I installed Spotify and for some reason Spotify keeps creating a folder in my pictures with nothing but a Spotify icon picture.I have a screenshot and will try to upload it.I have tried to Uninstall and r...

• Casual Listener
  • Phone is galaxy S6 edge+ android version 5.1.1 I installed Spotify and for some reason Spotify keeps creating a folder in my pictures with nothing but a Spotify icon picture. I have a screensho...
  • Jrod82782
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Music coming back to the top.

So, Im having this problem since monday. When Im navigating through "your music" and choose a song that starts playing, the moment I press home button and get back to the app, the list that i scrolled down at which point is back at the top. It bother...

• So, Im having this problem since monday. When Im navigating through "your music" and choose a song that starts playing, the moment I press home button and get back to the app, the list that i sc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work on 4.4.4 android on z ultra

I have a z ultra and Spotify doesn't work, after installing the programmes doesn't respond, and am paying for it

• Casual Listener
  • I have a z ultra and Spotify doesn't work, after installing the programmes doesn't respond, and am paying for it
  • mathiasv70
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a user manual: q: android album play all songs in order

I find the UI confusing and irritating. I'm really on the fence about keeping with Spotify. (The Roku app problems are really disappointing, and now these issues on Android... arrgh!) My current biggest issue is trying to load and play albums, as alb...

• I find the UI confusing and irritating.  I'm really on the fence about keeping with Spotify.  (The Roku app problems are really disappointing, and now these issues on Android... arrgh!) &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account works on one device but not the other

So. I have a premium account that was connected to my laptop and my phone. My phone broke and I had to replace it. I downloaded Spotify and put my account in, and I was placed under Spotify free. So I checked the forums and logged in and out and chec...

• So. I have a premium account that was connected to my laptop and my phone. My phone broke and I had to replace it. I downloaded Spotify and put my account in, and I was placed under Spotify free. So ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Default player (especialy bluetooth)

How to set Spotify as a default player? I would like to set Spotify as a default player to be able start or reasume playing by Start button in bluetooth device. There is no such option in Spotify. I have installed Default App Manager and Spotify does...

• Casual Listener
  • How to set Spotify as a default player?   I would like to set Spotify as a default player to be able start or reasume playing by Start button in bluetooth device. There is no such option in Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! app crash

I have a Samsung galaxy s5. And after The uppdate on Spotify this night I cant open The app without it crashes. It just turns black and then down. I have tried to reinstall and reboot the phone. But the problems still exist. I tried an another accoun...

• I have a Samsung galaxy s5. And after The uppdate on Spotify this night I cant open The app without it crashes. It just turns black and then down. I have tried to reinstall and reboot the phone. But ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs changes and pauses on its own

Hi!Since few days, my Spotify Mobile passes and pauses the songs without I can control it. It is impossible to listen to a whole song without Spotify changes it or pauses it.Does anyone have a solution? Thx!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Since few days, my Spotify Mobile passes and pauses the songs without I can control it. It is impossible to listen to a whole song without Spotify changes it or pauses it. Does anyone have ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes