Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My off-line music deleted. again!!!

Not the first time this has happened. I recently started my iphone (which I hadn't used in a while), and all the off-line songs have been deleted on my Samsung s4 and tab3. Many gigabytes of data are currently being re downloaded and also a few hundr...

• Roadie
  • Not the first time this has happened. I recently started my iphone (which I hadn't used in a while), and all the off-line songs have been deleted on my Samsung s4 and tab3. Many gigabytes of dat...
  • rnorthc123
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app missing everything on startup

Hi! Firstly I apologise for my bad english.http://imgur.com/kQ3DS5wSo when I launch app I just get a blank black screen. Any ideas how to fix? I have a LG G Flex

• Hi! Firstly I apologise for my bad english. http://imgur.com/kQ3DS5w So when I launch app I just get a blank black screen. Any ideas how to fix? I have a LG G Flex
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android volume quiet

Having an issue with spotify on all my android devices, Samsung s5, s4, tabpro 8.4 and nexus 7 gen 2 The output volume via any output is a lot lower than other applications, is there anyway to change this ? I had a similar issue on the PC and I was a...

• Having an issue with spotify on all my android devices, Samsung s5, s4, tabpro 8.4 and nexus 7 gen 2   The output volume via any output is a lot lower than other applications, is there anywa...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotimote user credentials

HiDownloaded Spotimote thé other day. When I started the app it asks me for my Spotify user credentials. Why would the app need that? I dont feel comfortable giving that to a third party applikation which Spotify has not even mentioned on the list of...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Downloaded Spotimote thé other day. When I started the app it asks me for my Spotify user credentials. Why would the app need that? I dont feel comfortable giving that to a third party applikatio...
  • Jblernout
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotimote won't show local files in the playlists

Hey, I am a Spotify Premium user. I just downloaded Spotimote and it works just fine. I am not to play local files that are part of my playlists though. Is there any way around this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I am a Spotify Premium user. I just downloaded Spotimote and it works just fine. I am not to play local files that are part of my playlists though. Is there any way around this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! rearrange order of tracks in a playlist

Is it possible to rearrange the order of tracks on my android phone? I can do it on my desktop but not my phone or tablet.

• Is it possible to rearrange the order of tracks on my android phone? I can do it on my desktop but not my phone or tablet.
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

selecting album from playing track doesnt always show the related album :/

hi all, ive noticed this a few times - select album from the dots button when playing a track and it tends to give a list of albums rather than the related album i realise that sometimes there wont be an album maybe, but it should say so in this case...

• Visitor
  • hi all,   ive noticed this a few times - select album from the dots button when playing a track and it tends to give a list of albums rather than the related album 😕 i realise that someti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all the songs of the artists that i follow missing

in my android version 4.1.2, all the songs that i had saved are missing. In my windows version they are there....what can i do?

• Casual Listener
  • in my android version 4.1.2, all the songs that i had saved are missing. In my windows version they are there....what can i do?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

black screen

Sony Xperia Z1 upgraded spotify a couple of months ago ever since then I get a black screen have re installed Desktop works fine but I use it mainly for music in the car Really I am paying for premium and cant use it I am about to cancel my subscript...

• Sony Xperia Z1 upgraded spotify a couple of months ago ever since then I get a black screen have re installed Desktop works fine but I use it mainly for music in the car   Really I a...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track not available/clean queue after Spotify restart

HTC M8. Latest version of Spotify (Premium). A number of albums downloaded locally ok - and they play ok, once added to the queue. If I pause Spotify and switch to other Android apps, at some point Spotify gets killed by the Android (typical for Andr...

• Regular
  • HTC M8. Latest version of Spotify (Premium). A number of albums downloaded locally ok - and they play ok, once added to the queue.   If I pause Spotify and switch to other Android apps, at s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am not able to add music to "my music"

I am not able to add music to "my music" anymore in my android. I select the "+" burton, but the song doesn't appear in "my music" and when I search it again, it is not saved in any playlist. Is there a limit?

• I am not able to add music to "my music" anymore in my android. I select the "+" burton, but the song doesn't appear in "my music" and when I search it again, it is not saved in any playlist. Is the...
  • Kyleb
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't install

Hi. I have tried to install spotify to my Samsung xcover2 from play and manually. Ether way it wont install, saying not enough space. Phones internal storage is 532 mb / 1,18 Gt so it has plenty of room avaible. Clearing cache and ram and re-booting ...

• Regular
  • Hi.   I have tried to install spotify to my Samsung xcover2 from play and manually. Ether way it wont install, saying not enough space. Phones internal storage is 532 mb / 1,18 Gt so it has ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

All of the songs and albums from, "my music," we're deleted!

Not sure how or why this happened but all of a sudden there was nothing there. I have yet to check if this is also prevalent on my computer or not and I won't be able to do so until sometime tomorrow. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure how or why this happened but all of a sudden there was nothing there. I have yet to check if this is also prevalent on my computer or not and I won't be able to do so until sometime tomorrow...
  • goopydudest
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No SD card found - We found nowhere we would store your data

I have a galaxy s3 running Android 4.4.2. When I download the Spotify app from the play store it gives me this error. If I reboot the phone and try to reload the app it just crashes. If I go through all the troubleshooting steps, (Clear Cache, Uninst...

• I have a galaxy s3 running Android 4.4.2.   When I download the Spotify app from the play store it gives me this error. If I reboot the phone and try to reload the app it just crashes. If I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists won't show up

I put together a few playlists on my iPhone and made sure they were available offline but I cannot download them on my iPod, they don't even show up in my playlists section...any solutions?

• I put together a few playlists on my iPhone and made sure they were available offline but I cannot download them on my iPod, they don't even show up in my playlists section...any solutions?
  • SupaCui
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

You are not logged in issue

Hello, I have trouble Witherspoon spotify. I had à free premium accourt and it worked good. But non i am disconnected directly few seconds after being logged. The image is say "you are not logged in". I am on android With an HTC m8, i have tried in W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have trouble Witherspoon spotify. I had à free premium accourt and it worked good. But non i am disconnected directly few seconds after being logged. The image is say "you are not logg...
  • Rems
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

alles verwijderen

Hallo, Kan iemand mij helpen? Ben onlangs overgegaan van kpn naar hi met een nieuw spotify abonnement. Om dit te activeren moet ik echter mijn huidige abonnement compleet verwijderen. Kan op de site wel vinden dat ik op "alles verwijderen" moet drukk...

• Hallo,  Kan iemand mij helpen? Ben onlangs overgegaan van kpn naar hi met een nieuw spotify abonnement. Om dit te activeren moet ik echter mijn huidige abonnement compleet verwijderen. Kan op ...
  • bzite
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

email address linked to spotify account

Hi, i signed up for premium this week and dont know the email address that is linked to spotify. my spotify account has upgraded to premium so thats fine but i cannot find the email address that i would get a confirmation email to. i have tried to lo...

• Hi, i signed up for premium this week and dont know the email address that is linked to spotify. my spotify account has upgraded to premium so thats fine but i cannot find the email address that i wo...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting songs from Android

Hi I am new at this spotify thing so apologies if question is stupid! I have an S3 mini - I don't really use playlist section just download songs into library and listen from there. As i have an s3 mini storage is already gone. I have tried to delete...

• Hi I am new at this spotify thing so apologies if question is stupid! I have an S3 mini - I don't really use playlist section just download songs into library and listen from there. As i have an s3 m...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio skips in standby mode

Hello there.In Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.4.2 sound skips any 1-2 minutes.Any solutions?Thanks and best regards

• Music Fan
  • Hello there. In Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.4.2 sound skips any 1-2 minutes. Any solutions? Thanks and best regards
  • ultradj83
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes