Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

eteterterter

hththtrhtrhtrhhghtfhghth

• Regular
  • hththtrhtrhtrhhghtfhghth
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crash logging in as user #1, but works when logged in as user #2

Hey, I have a wierd problem that started when I played around with Google Assistant today. All of a sudden Spotify will not start; or it starts but is immediately shut down when logged in as my user (#1) I tried all the reccomended recovery reccomend...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I have a wierd problem that started when I played around with Google Assistant today. All of a sudden Spotify will not start; or it starts but is immediately shut down when logged in as...
  • faan_skit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing music during the song playing and sometimes just skips song

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 I recently reinstalled my spotify app and when im listening to songs it keeps just pausing the songs and mid song and then occassionaly just skips songs. I dont know what to do haha. I have tried restarting my phone deletin...

• I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 I recently reinstalled my spotify app and when im listening to songs it keeps just pausing the songs and mid song and then occassionaly just skips songs.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline sound quality problem

Hello! Im new to spotify and i started out with premium. I listen to my music primarily outside of my WiFi zone because im constantly walking to work/school and also listen when i go for runs on trails. when i downloaded my playlist for offline use i...

• Regular
  • Hello!   Im new to spotify and i started out with premium. I listen to my music primarily outside of my WiFi zone because im constantly walking to work/school and also listen when i go for run...
  • arthurabatti
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify works like youtube

Well, whenever spoti is working on background the song suddenly stops. If it is a song that i downloaded before, no problem. But if i want to listen a playlist or an album that i did not save, it requires spotify on screen- which is quite like youtub...

• Well, whenever spoti is working on background the song suddenly stops. If it is a song that i downloaded before, no problem. But if i want to listen a playlist or an album that i did not save, it req...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android

Yesterday i have changed my Password and today i tried to Log in. It starts for 2 or 3 seconds and then shuts down and i need to sign in again. I am signing in again, it starts Spotify and the same thing happens again. What is going in there ?

• Yesterday i have changed my Password and today i tried to Log in. It starts for 2 or 3 seconds and then shuts down and i need to sign in again. I am signing in again, it starts Spotify and the same t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen keeps doubling up on android app

I don't know how to describe it but whenever I leave the app or go to the the current track playing it randomly takes a snapshot of what was on my last screen and overlays it over where spotify opens up at default and its very obstructive. As an exam...

• I don't know how to describe it but whenever I leave the app or go to the the current track playing it randomly takes a snapshot of what was on my last screen and overlays it over where spotify opens...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no puedo descargar la aplicacion :C

muy buen dia a todos, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar pues no se que hacer :C, tengo cuenta premium y todo pero cuando descargo la aplicacion en mi celular la descarga y cuando empieza a instalar el celular se reinicia y no me deja instalarla...

• muy buen dia a todos, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar pues no se que hacer :C, tengo cuenta premium y todo pero cuando descargo la aplicacion en mi celular la descarga y cuando empieza a inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't use Bluetooth controls after last update

I use Spotify in my car all the time. As a premium subscriber I am very disapointed after the last update. The bluetooth controls won't work anymore (can't scroll/skip songs). The worst part is that if I receive a phone call, Spotify will still run i...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify in my car all the time. As a premium subscriber I am very disapointed after the last update. The bluetooth controls won't work anymore (can't scroll/skip songs). The worst part is ...
  • drewwho-8
  • 26 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 16 likes

Solved!! How to listen to explicit music?

I've been using spotify for about a month now and it would allow me to hear explicit lyrics. Just today I noticed it's playing clean versions. How do I fix this?

• I've been using spotify for about a month now and it would allow me to hear explicit lyrics. Just today I noticed it's playing clean versions. How do I fix this?
  • Noblehalfling
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Private Profile

Hey, is there a way that I can set my profile permanently on private so people cannot see who I follow, including my followers because i always get troubled for this and I would really like to know if this is possible, thanks

• Hey, is there a way that I can set my profile permanently on private so people cannot see who I follow, including my followers because i always get troubled for this and I would really like to know i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Login on Android App

App does not want to get me logged to accountUsername and Password are correct Reseted the password - no changereinstalled the app - no changeweb login - works

• Casual Listener
  • App does not want to get me logged to account Username and Password are correct   Reseted the password - no change reinstalled the app - no change web login - works
  • antman60
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Encrypted sd card causes Spotify to lose offline music

Every time after my device reboots, Spotify changes offline storage from sd card storage to device storage. Spotify then begins downloading all of the saved music to the device storage. Changing the storage location does not stop the download to devi...

• Regular
  • Every time after my device reboots, Spotify changes offline storage from sd card storage to device storage. Spotify then begins downloading all of the saved music to the device storage. Changing the ...
  • bill_hobkins
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Encrypted SD Card Saving Bug - Samsung Galaxy S7

I guess I run into a bug. Can you verify or possibly offer a solution? Pre-requisites:1- Android Encrypted SD Card Steps:1- Open App2- Select SD Card as Storage3- Download a playlist4- Restart the device Expected:Storage stays as SD Card Result:Stora...

• Visitor
  • I guess I run into a bug. Can you verify or possibly offer a solution?   Pre-requisites: 1- Android Encrypted SD Card   Steps: 1- Open App 2- Select SD Card as Storage 3- Download a...
  • bill_hobkins
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 16 likes

Stop automatic playing of recommended music with Premium

I have a Spotify premium account, and I often download whole music albums for offline listening when I'm driving. Recently, after the whole album I've downloaded has finished playing, recommended songs will start automatically playing that I haven't ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Spotify premium account, and I often download whole music albums for offline listening when I'm driving. Recently, after the whole album I've downloaded has finished playing, recommende...
  • poperalover
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Last.Fm doesn't have a full spotify listening history after connecting

Sooo i've had spotify premium for about a year and a half or so, and i just now connected to try and get a full listening history, and it only showed what i had "scrobbled" from 2014 when i originally joined last.fm and what i had listened to after i...

• Sooo i've had spotify premium for about a year and a half or so, and i just now connected to try and get a full listening history, and it only showed what i had "scrobbled" from 2014 when i originall...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

'Online gehen' Button

Es scheint der Online gehen Button ist ohne wirkliche Funktion! Tausendmal drauf gedrückt nichts passiert Spotify bleibt offline. Das macht eine rasche Suche selbst im WLAN unmöglich! Für 10euro im Monat kann man eine einwandfreie Funktion der App er...

• Casual Listener
  • Es scheint der Online gehen Button ist ohne wirkliche Funktion! Tausendmal drauf gedrückt nichts passiert Spotify bleibt offline. Das macht eine rasche Suche selbst im WLAN unmöglich! Für 10euro im M...
  • Catrin
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

primium for family

hello, we have a premium for family account and we wanted to add someone to your site do not know because I get white pictures and have tried everything now?

• hello, we have a premium for family account and we wanted to add someone to your site do not know because I get white pictures and have tried everything now?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Select Playback Device Before Playback Commences

Why must I start playback on the phone before I can then select the preferred playback device? In this case an Arcam SR250. So the choices are to faff about playing something you don't want to listen to, select the correct playback device & then go f...

• Why must I start playback on the phone before I can then select the preferred playback device? In this case an Arcam SR250.   So the choices are to faff about playing something you don't want ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android App keeps downloading songs I didn't want

It's been multiple weeks of this issue. For whatever season, my Spotify app on Android keeps downloading Enima's newest album. It's not on my phone or computer. I've never even heard of the dude, but it keeps trying to download it over and over.

• Casual Listener
  • It's been multiple weeks of this issue. For whatever season, my Spotify app on Android keeps downloading Enima's newest album. It's not on my phone or computer. I've never even heard of the dude, but...
  • versusChou
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes