Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Something went wrong" everywhere — reinstalling does not fix

Solved!

"Something went wrong" everywhere — reinstalling does not fix

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Ever since a few days ago, the app has been rendered completely unusable. I get a "something went wrong" error whenever I click on a playlist, podcast or album. Cleared data, reinstalled, rebooted router, restarted phone a dozen times. I can't listen to anything anymore and will be unsubscribing if this persists.

Screenshot_20220710-234630_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220710-234716_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220710-234710_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After unmounting my SD card and reinstalling, the issue was fixed. I stored my music on my SD card for years, but now every time I try to download it there, I run into the same problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @curtis_heinzl,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Let's start by performing a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device. Here is how to do one. 

It's also important to find out if this issue occurs on different devices or with another account on the same device. Also try switching the network connection of your device to mobile data to see how it goes.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

After unmounting my SD card and reinstalling, the issue was fixed. I stored my music on my SD card for years, but now every time I try to download it there, I run into the same problem.

Hey there @curtis_heinzl

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

We're glad to know that now it's working as expected. It looks like an issue with the SD card that it may have been damaged. In this case, if possible, you could try with a different one. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts