Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Downtime March 26th] Intermittent issues with Web Player, Desktop app, TV, etc

We're getting reports about intermittent issues with Web Player, Desktop app, TV clients and partner devices. Users are reporting various error messages in the app or web player. TV app, Playstation and other devices might also experience issues with playback and/or searching for tracks to play.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
flo1211
Hey guy,
during web playback of music, after 20-30min of listening music, the browser tab crashes with "out of ram". Looking in task manager, the tab uses >5GB of RAM until it dies. This behavioral is reproducible.
Seems, that the web player has a possible memory leak, mem consumption was increasing ~10MB/s in shortly before it died.
Cheers,
Florian
60MinuteMan

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad T470 laptop (webbrowser)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Songs in my Playlist past song 125 do not load, even after leaving it for like 10 minutes. This is in Chrome. I can see every song on my iPad. I have updated the browser and closed unnecessary tabs, but the issue still persists. Please help me 😞

Gothika2769

My Spotify stopped working on my roku half an hour ago and I did everything under the sun to try and reset it and whatnot and it's still not working. But it works just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S22.

OtisBOnions

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device
PS

Operating System

W10

My Question or Issue

When I first opened Spotify earlier I was getting a "Spotify can't play this right now" error. I managed to fix that, but now nothing else is working. I can see, and play, my entire library but no other page will load and Discord isn't detecting any activity. When I try on Chrome the page won't load at all, but in the app I can play my library.
I have restarted my PC and my router, reinstalled the app, added it to my firewall white list, cleared the cache, cleared my host files, logged out and in and out and in and out and in, ran in adminstrator mode, absolutely everything. Spotify works 100% fine and as expected on my iPhone connected to the very same wifi network and even sees that I'm listening on my PC.

Ashmversteeg6

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Firestick

Operating System

Unknown

My Question or Issue

When I try to log in on my tv, roku tv and my other tv that uses a fire stick, it won’t connect. It says it’s paired on my phone but the tv doesn’t change 

Drunkasaurus

Don't know but it's doing it to me too

When I use the Spotify desktop app on windows 11 the only songs I can load are my liked songs, any other album or artist I try to load just tells me it can’t be found

I am a premium user in the US attempting to access your PWA using Google Chrome Browser on a Chromebook (Chrome OS).  There have been "something went wrong" messages appearing for a few seconds the past few weeks before the PWA loaded normally.  As of this morning, both the PWA and Web Player are not accessible because of a "Something Went Wrong" popup that blocks access, and reloading the page is not a solution.  I have also cleared the web cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the PWA, updated Chrome OS, and logged in and out again.  I encountered timeout errors when trying to download the PWA from your website earlier.  It seems there may be a serious issue on your end that needs to be addressed, and these types of outages are becoming more frequent, which is not okay for a paid subscription service.  Additionally, I'm concerned that additional logins required to troubleshoot this issue may trigger your bogus "suspicious activity" algorithm and cause me to have to log in again with all devices, which is both extremely frustrating and unnecessary.  The Android app appears unaffected as of this post.

toddshull

Same thing is happening to me. I can listen to music on mobile, but not through the web app. It also won't let me search anything on either app, only listen to music on mobile.

musicalityrnb87

I came to the Community board to see if anyone else was having this issue as I woke up this morning to this experience. Upon opening Spotify, I am greeted with a "something went wrong" message, and if I go to any content within the app that I've liked or saved, I get a similar message. I'm using the Spotify Desktop app. I have not tried anything on my Android device yet.