Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Now Playing bar missing on Samsung TV and Android TV

Now Playing bar missing on Samsung TV and Android TV

Plan

Premium

Country

• N. Macedonia 

Device

Samsung QLED TV Q70B (2022)

Operating System

Samsung Smart TV OS, Android TV OS

My Question or Issue

When you play something, then exit the Spotify app on the TV and re-open it, the Now Playing bar on the top left is missing, so the playback can't be resumed. Playing new songs or playlists works normally. My workaround to resume listening is to open the app on mobile, connect the app to the TV from there, and then I can resume play on the TV. Happens both on Samsung TV OS, and Android TV box (with Android 11).

Just to clarify that I have tried everything from reinstalling the app, logging out and in again etc., and the apps are up to date as well.

20240517_202823.jpg
24 Replies

Same problem. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

We really appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. We've passed the info to the right team so they can investigate further. We suggest you subscribe to this thread in its three-dot menu, so you can get notified as soon as we post any news here.

Meanwhile, we suggest you make sure to keep both your TVs and the app up-to-date so you won't miss any developments.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This does not work from Russian IP addresses; via VPN from Europe everything works correctly

still the same problem on Android TV and PS5, all apps are up to date

The song is playing but I am not able to see the now playing window, not able to play/pause, repeat, etc on the android TV app

Same issue from today

Is there a fix for this?

my roku tv started doing this same this this morning. it was perfectly fine yesterday and now the now playing bar is gone. the app is fully updated and i’ve tried restarting the tv and like relogging in and such. 

Same issue on my Samsung TV. The 'now playing' part is missing.

Same issue! 

Me 2

For me still the same as well for 2 months now. Hope these new cases will build momentum for the issue to be fixed sooner. 

Hi.
It got it working on my Samsung TV,

Step 1. Delete spotify app from tv
Step 2. Shut off tv
Step 3. Power off your wifi modem/router and then turn it back on.
Step 4. Turn on TV and install the app.

This got mine working.
Good luck.

Best,
Ochs

Most of the interface is not displayed on the Android TV application, TV company TCL, OS - google tv. For example, there is no media player, it is not possible to switch tracks. Spotify version 1.83.3

Hi AlejaR, 

Just to let you know that this issue still persists 4 months later. So just to recap, to reproduce it:

1. Play anything on the TV app

2. Close the TV app

3. Open the TV app again 

=> The now playing bar is missing, so playback cannot be resumed.

A workaround which makes the TV app at least usable is to open the mobile app, and connect to the TV, and after that you can resume playback. 

Please check with the support team

Thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the lack of updates.

This issue was fixed by our tech team, but apparently, it's now resurfacing. Anyone still experiencing it, please share your device model, OS version and Spotify version (if you haven't already) so we can start a new investigation.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This problem appears when the application connects from Russian IP addresses. If the connection is from any other IP addresses, the problem does not appear. Maybe one of the addresses is blocked by Russian censorship (Roskomnadzor) - they often block some subnets like Digital Ocean or Amazon Azure..

Hi MihailY

Device

Samsung QLED TV Q70B (2022)

Operating System

Samsung Smart TV OS, Android TV OS

Spotify version:

2024.08.28_3-d9513db E release-v2.281-3

In my case I'm from Macedonia, so the issue is not exclusive to Russian IPs

I have this problem on the current build of the application from the Amazon store (I run it on Fire TV), and on the current version of the application for Apple TV.

Suggested posts