Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playback stops automatically on Amazon echo device

Playback stops automatically on Amazon echo device

Plan

/Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Amazon echo dot 

My Question or Issue

hello, 

we use a specific white noise track for our daughter to sleep. For a while now, when we play this on repeat only through our echo dot device, it will stop after a few repeats and require us to press play again in the middle of the night. This disturbs both hers and our sheep. We posted on the original thread about this issue. We’ve subsequently followed all the trouble shooting including ensuring Alexa is up to date but sadly this issue persists. If we play the track through a Bluetooth speaker via Spotify, it stays on all night. It is only when using the echo dog device. Please help! 
many thanks 

Wendy 

21 Replies

I experienced the same today 6/16/2024, I can not even a single song on any of my alexa devices, it stops. I have 2 echo dots Gen3, 1 echo dot gen 1 and 1 Alexa echo show

Hello.

After a month of updating and the problem being solved, it has been happening again in the last few days.
@Maria 

I am still experiencing this issue using an Echo Show 5 Gen 1 and Echo Show 5 Gen 2. I have tried to update Alexa multiple times and am told my device is up to date. I have also tested playing via the Spotify iOS app and selecting the Echo device. Individual songs set to repeat or playlists set to repeat will play through 2-3 songs before stopping at the end of the current song and not continuing to the next queued song.
@Maria 

Just this evening my echo stopped twice during the first song, this is very irritating. This could spell the end of Spotify for me unless this is resolved very quickly. Is this going to happen every few months. Can't it just be sorted once and for all. Might go back to C.D's. never a problem with C.D's. 

Same is happening here. Things were working well after Spotify applied the fix and now the last week, it has been stopping again. Same issue as last time. I don't know if we need to start a new thread for this to get Spotify's attention. @Maria 

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Amazon Echo (various)

My Question or Issue

This started a few months ago and seemed to be resolved. A couple of days ago it started again. 

I'll ask for a playlist to be played through Alexa echo or via my phone. It will play for a couple of songs then beep and switch off. The song has stopped if I check the app on my phone. I'll press play again and it might play for 5 seconds then turn off again. Very very irritating. This can't go on. Why am I paying for a service that I'm not getting?

Please can this be resolved once and for all.

Thank you.

Can confirm. My Echo Dot also stopped playing. It says it will play 

but it doesnt. 

Almost same problem here too. But I cant play any songs since 2 Months

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you try following these steps and let us know if this still persists afterwards:

• Restart your router and try with a different internet connection if possible.
  • Give the app on your mobile device a clean reinstall with the steps here and reinstall the Alexa app as well.
  • Reset the Echo dot.
  • With the help of this article, relink your Spotify account to the Alexa app.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there Elena, thanks for the reply, 

But do I have to do this every couple of months. It's not ideal. I did all what you said a few months ago and it didn't work. You somehow fixed it in the end. I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting. 

Regards Tony.

Hello Elena.

I had already tried all these steps but I did it again just now. It still didnt work for me. I have a familly subscription and we all want to use Spotify on our Echo devices. Right now this subscription is useless for me. I dont understand what really happend. It worked 2 months ago.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. We've moved all your reports to this new thread to keep a better track of the issue.

We understand you all been having the same issue after it was reported as fixed a few weeks ago, thanks for letting us know about it. So we can go ahead and report it again to the team in charge, confirm the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 
  • Did you ask Alexa for an update with the voice command - "Alexa, check for updates"? If you haven't, please do.
  • Send over the exact make, model, and OS on your devices, along with the Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Susan_GP,

I'm using Spotify on my Echo Dot (4th Gen, software version 10369673092).

I've already tried the following troubleshooting steps:

• Updated both the Echo Dot software and the Spotify app (version 8.9.52.552)
  • Reinstalled both the Spotify app and the Alexa app
  • Factory reset the Echo Dot and re-enabled the Spotify Skill
  • Re-authenticated my Spotify account multiple times (over 10)
  • Restarted my router

Unfortunately, none of these steps have resolved the issue.

Do you have any suggestions for what I can try next?

Hi Susan _GP

Yes it seems to happen mainly on the Echo dot 5th gen, Software version 10369675652 as the one I use the most. 

Spotify version 8.9.58.572

Android 14 Moto G53

It still turns off if I'm not using the phone app and use just a vocal command. As I said it can play for an hour with no problems then switch off multiple times during one song.

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps you've mentioned. 

Thank you for replying 

Hopefully this can be resolved for everyone.

Hey @Rdixie, @misaelgs, @DanDR, @tylerd17, @rovinator317

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

Could you let us know if you're still experiencing this? If so, could you send us the details @Susan_GP asked for previously? We'd like to investigate it further.  

We'll be waiting for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni and @Susan_GP,

Yes, I am still experiencing this issue. Here are the requested details:

• Echo Show 5 Gen 2 - Fire OS Version: 6.5.6.3 NS6563/5290
  • Spotify iOS App Version: 8.9.58.473

I have troubleshot the issue as listed below:

• Checked for Alexa updates (Shows no updates available)
  • Restarted router
  • Factory reset Echo Show 5
  • Tested by asking Alexa to play a song or playlist via voice command
  • Tested playing via the Spotify iOS app and selecting the Echo device (Individual songs set to repeat or playlists set to repeat will play through 2-3 songs before stopping at the end of the current song and not continuing to the next queued song)

Really appreciate the cooperation folks!

We've let the right team know about this behavior, as well as passed the details to them to help with the investigation. As soon as we've got any updates, we'll make sure to post them in the thread.

Thanks once again and just give us a shout if you need help with anything else in the meantime 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi there,

Yes I'm still experiencing the same problem. This morning it went of 3
times during the first song.

It's been going on and off for months now.

Cheers

Lumpingronic

Suggested posts