Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist length/time keeps changing

Playlist length/time keeps changing

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Motorola Moto G22

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

The length of my playlist keeps changing when switching from premium to free and the other way.

Last Christmas I got my self the premium plan because of the lowered price. When I eventually switched back to the free plan my playlist dropped from almost 48 hours to around 35,5 hours. In May when the premium was on sale again I obviously had to take the offer. I have now been using the premium little under a month and I just noticed that the playlist has jumped back up and is now 59 hours long. I know I haven't added that much music to the playlist. Sure, I have added somewhere around 2 hours in the last month but there is no way I have added over 20 hours of music in that time.

I bought a new phone in between the two different premium subscriptions (old phone also Android) but I don't think that it has anything to do with the issue since this has occurred two different times on two different devices. I also checked my desktop (windows 10) and it also shows 59 hours. Web player only says "over 24 hours" but my understanding is that it is normal.

3 Replies

Hey @Onni_ihaa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

The issue you're describing is not very common, as the content available on Spotify is not subscription-related. This means that the length of the playlists should not be affected when the account goes back to free.

In this case, could you check if it happens with other playlists as well? If not, it would be great if you could share the URI of the affected playlist in your next response.

Laslty, it would be very helpful if you could include a screenshot of the different length along with the Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Before I test the playlist and take the screenshots I want to know this. If I unsubscribe will I be able to subscribe again without further cost for me?

Hey @Onni_ihaa,

Thanks for getting back to us.

When you subscribe for Premium you get charged on day 1 and then, after your Premium time expires, you will get charged again unless you've cancelled your subscription before that. 

You can view your billing date and double check everything on your account page under Receipts.  

On another note, we've done some further digging on our end and it seems that this is something we can reproduce. However, we can confirm that the songs in the list remain the same, it just appears that the time stamps might be less than perfect.

We cannot provide a timeframe for a potential fix to this issue, however, will make sure to pass on this information to our developers to keep working on the app's optimization as Spotify always strives to improve your experience. 

In the meantime please make sure to keep your app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out on any important fixes or features.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts