Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Skipping back 15 seconds on episodes

Skipping back 15 seconds on episodes

My Question or Issue

I don’t have premium, so if possible I search for the song I want as a podcast episode and add it to a playlist where I re-add it to get hours of playtime. (I’m not sure if that’s causing it, though)

I started noticing that whenever I get to the end of the episode it skips back 15 seconds and I haven’t been able to find a fix for this anywhere else; it seems like I’m the only one with this issue as of now lol

8 Replies

Tried a clean reinstall, the issue hasn’t changed

Hey there @sophers

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you're listening to a playlist where you have both songs and podcast episodes? Could you share a screen recording with us where we can take a closer look at this behavior? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, we'd like to know on which devices this is happening, and the Spotify version they're currently running. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi! This is happening on playlists with podcast episodes and songs, as well as playlists with only podcast episodes. My Spotify is currently on version 8.9.32.586, and the device is an iPhone XR

Here is a recording of the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DpRHLVC0BW2GvU-DlQmHb4UlSl7IO2Vx/view?usp=drivesdk 

Hi there @sophers

Thanks for your quick reply!

This is an odd behavior indeed. First up, you can try logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your iPhone and account. 

If the issue persists. it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

However, if that doesn't do the trick either, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your iPhone to see if they can replicate this behavior with their account? This will help us determine if the issue is account-related. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi! I haven’t been able to get a friend to log in on my iPhone yet, but I noticed that if the playlist consists of different episodes it won’t skip back, so I’m not sure what that could mean but I thought that it may be good to know for later on if a solution is found!😁

Hi @sophers,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to be on the same page, does this only happen when you add only one episode to the playlist? 

Also to confirm, have you tried the aforementioned troubleshooting steps? Have you experienced any changes? 

On another note, take your time to test this with a different account and let us know how it goes. 

Cheers!  

EniModerator

Hi so sorry about the late reply!!

It is happening when I add one episode to a playlist, and when there are different episodes in the playlist or songs

I have tried a clean reinstall and logging in and out twice 

I’ve had a friend log into Spotify on my device and the issue still persists 

Hey @sophers,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We'd recommend you to double-check if perhaps there are any pending updates for the app on your App Store. If yes, update the app and check if this issue persists after that.

Now, just to confirm, does this happen when using your account on a different device, such a different cellphone or a computer? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the devices of a relative or a friend to open your account there and check.

Lastly, we'd like to gather additional info:

• Does this happen when playing specific podcast episodes? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

It'd be really helpful if you sent us a video recording of what you kindly mentioned. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts