Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect maximum number of devices?

Spotify Connect maximum number of devices?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Reproducible on all devices: iPhone 8, Galaxy A70, Pixel 3, Windows desktop, Web player

My Question or Issue

Does Spotify Connect have a device limit?  This may sound strange, but across two residences, I have around 60 Spotify Connect devices.  It works, but I've noticed that multiple Spotify clients get "glitchy", with device names either disappearing/reappearing and corrupting (turning into a guid) periodically.  I'm hoping that internally, Spotify developers test for these scenarios.

3 Replies

I've got about 12 Alexa speaker/speaker sets (eg stereo pair) and music groups, and find that one in particuar, Bedroom, drops off the list, I can play to it via voice command and it appears, then Basement disappears...I play to Basement and Bedroom disappears again.

I thought there was a limit of about 10 devices, but am sure it must be more than that if you're using 60 and only seeing the odd drop off

Hi there @philmehew,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

There shouldn’t be any limitations on how many devices you use with Connect. If you’re having trouble seeing some of your devices in the picker, we’d recommend going through the following steps:

• Perform a quick reinstall and restart both devices
  • Make sure the Spotify version and device firmware are up to date
  • Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network
  • Try restarting your router ,to see if that makes a difference
  • If possible, try if it works on a different Spotify account
  • Check if your devices are set in the right region
  • Make sure ‘Show local devices only’ is toggled OFF (try switching it on and off again)

If all of the above checks out but your Alexa speaker still isn't showing up, you may want to check out the steps at Amazon's help center or get in touch with their support team for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue isn’t Amazon’s, their app can see all of the speakers all of the time, it’s Spotify’s app which cannot.

Some of these suggestions aren’t relevant in this context and seem very much like “try turning it off and on again“, rather than anything considered.

I’d like some proper support with this, but I can’t even see how to contact support, seems rather a buried option on the website.

Suggested posts