Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Topics with Label: Connect

Labels

Forum Posts

Report issues with adverts

Hey folks!Ever experienced any issues with the ad being in the wrong language, the ad volume and frequency or the content itself?We're creating this thread in case you're in need of reporting any of those Just let us know the following details and we...

• Lone2
  • 49 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Other
  • 49 replies
  • 6 likes

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • のぞみ
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Other
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Not able to group devices

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone, DesktopOperating System(iOS latest, windows 10 My Question or IssueI use to have a group for all of my devices in Spotify. It allowed me to connect to them all which were all speakers so I could listen to my music o...

• Casual Listener
  • ...llowed me to connect to them all which were all speakers so I could listen to my music on all of them with no issues. I had all of the devices/speakers on the same network which allowed me to group them t...
  • EODblake
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    Other
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect with HEOS and Alexa...device offline

Dear All, I know this has been discussed a few times, but it would appear that this bug is literally being held quiet.I love Spotify (so Amazon is not yet an option), and I love my HEOS (so Yamaha is not yet an option either). But this is changing.Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • ...o Yamaha is not yet an option either). But this is changing. With my home connected through an Echo it is obvious that I want to use Alexa with my HEOS devices to play Spotify Connect. However, a...
  • badaz
  • Regular
  • 24 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Connect
  • 24 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect randomly stops on Alexa Multi Room Speaker Groups

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Alexa Spotify Connect, dots, shows, echo, multi room Alexa speakersSpotify ver 8.5.19iPhone XS, iOS 12.4Linksys Velop mesh router 3 nodes. My Question or Issue Anyone help fix this: When listening to music on Alexa mu...

•   Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Alexa Spotify Connect, dots, shows, echo, multi room Alexa speakers Spotify ver 8.5.19 iPhone XS, iOS 12.4 Linksys Velop mesh router 3 nodes. &n...
  • Dj69
  • 37 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Connect
  • 37 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Android App Interrupts Tesla Playback on Bluetooth Connect

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9 / Tesla MS 2017Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI recently had the daughter board in my Tesla Model S upgraded. That reset the bluetooth connection, so I had to pair my phone again. Upon doin...

• Visitor
  • ...hat reset the bluetooth connection, so I had to pair my phone again. Upon doing this, the Spotify app on my phone now always interrupts playback on my Tesla Spotify app.   As an example, I'll b...
  • finneran22
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    Other
    Samsung
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast playback speed for certain shows slower on Echo Dot devices

Hello all,I would like to add to this topic, as I'm facing a very similar problem, but with Google devices, instead of Amazon devices, and my podcasts are playing at 2x speed (instead of slower speeds). It happens on ALL my Google Chromecasts, Google...

• Regular
  • Hello all, I would like to add to this topic, as I'm facing a very similar problem, but with Google devices, instead of Amazon devices, and my podcasts are playing at 2x speed (instead of slower s...
  • gerfer1981
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffling playlist folders on a PC using Connect or Chromecast

I'm having this same problem, when I'm playing from a playlist folder on Mac, if I then cast to my smart tv it will finish playing the current song and then give me an error that Spotify is unable to play the next song. If I try playing the playlist ...

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 11.05.20 AM.png
  • I'm having this same problem, when I'm playing from a playlist folder on Mac, if I then cast to my smart tv it will finish playing the current song and then give me an error that Spotify is unable to...
  • raphdub
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Musixmatch lyrics adding

My QuestionWill Spotify still add lyrics to a song I have transcribed on Musixmatch if I do not have Spotify Premium?PlanFreeCountryUSDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10)

• Casual Listener
  • My Question Will Spotify still add lyrics to a song I have transcribed on Musixmatch if I do not have Spotify Premium? Plan Free Country US Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)
  • wbsausoleil
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    music
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

播放时连接缓慢

PlanFreeCountrychinaDevicepcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue我今天上Spotify听歌,然后很多歌放到一半的时候就停了,接着弹出个提示说此歌曲无法播放,然后这首歌断断续续的放放停停,让我很难受有一种被欺负的感觉。我怎么拖动进度条或是点按歌词调整进度都不行,进入全屏时也加载不出来艺人的写真,需要很长时间才能加载出来

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country china Device pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue 我今天上Spotify听歌,然后很多歌放到一半的时候就停了,接着弹出个提示说此歌曲无法播放,然后这首歌断断续续的放放停停,让我很难受有一种被欺负的感觉。我怎么拖动进度条或是点按歌词调...
  • TanyaS
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cuts out on Echo Show

PlanPremium DeviceEcho Show 5 My Question or IssueI have connected Spotify link to my Echo device (brand new, updated), and it started stuttering. At first (in the first hour), it was only once per song- the music would stop for a second, the screen ...

• Plan Premium   Device Echo Show 5   My Question or Issue I have connected Spotify link to my Echo device (brand new, updated), and it started stuttering. At first (in the first h...
  • Maria
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Connect
    music
    Other
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Jam session keeps exiting

PlanFree/PremiumCountry U.S. DevicePixel 7 My Question or IssueWhen i start a jam session with a couple of friends, we keep having the jam session randomly exit. We tried having someone else host the jam session and the same thing happens. What's goi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country U.S.   Device Pixel 7   My Question or Issue When i start a jam session with a couple of friends, we keep having the jam session randomly exit.  We tr...
  • Superman_8904
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Connect
    Other
  • 16 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook Story Share has no music

In August of 2019 Spotify rolled out a feature that would allow for a short clip of a song to be played when you would share to a Facebook Story. Here's a link from that announcement: https://artists.spotify.com/blog/share-your-songs-on-facebook-stor...

• Casual Listener
  • In August of 2019 Spotify rolled out a feature that would allow for a short clip of a song to be played when you would share to a Facebook Story. Here's a link from that announcement:   https:...
  • Susan_GP
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    music
    Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Connect to WiFi and wake device" when trying to use Alexa speaker

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 14 Pro)Operating System(iOS 17) My Question or IssueSpotify Connect + Alexa has always had major issues and is unreliable. As you can see in the screenshot, it is giving error "Connect to WiFi and wake device". ...

IMG_9560.jpg
  • Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 14 Pro) Operating System (iOS 17)   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect + Alexa has always had major issues and is unreliable. As y...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Add Support for Pioneer, JVC/Kenwood Car Stereos Back

My original post was removed due to requesting a feature to be *added back*. While I'm also ashamed to have to ask for Spotify to add useful features *back*, it needs to be done so I am posting it here. Recently Spotify has dropped support for Pionee...

• Music Fan
  • ...here was an app/mod to "bridge" the connection between Spotify and car stereos/devices to fix this. Better yet, I just wish Spotify added this back.   I would like to know why this u...
  • Gadbury
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Connect
    Other
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect keeps stopping and disconnecting

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDevice(Multiple devices, either controlling or playing)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueSpotify connect keeps stopping after playing somewhere between 30 seconds and about 3 songs max. We use Spotify conn...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device (Multiple devices, either controlling or playing) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue Spotify connect keeps stopping after p...
  • intera_91
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Connect
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes

Not longer working on Dynaudio XD400 with connect

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevice - Operating SystemDynaudio Connect My Question or IssueI have a pair of Dynaudio's Focus XD 400 and 200 XD, on neither systems the direct link with Spotify seems to be working anymore. I know that the official support ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Belgium Device - Operating System Dynaudio Connect   My Question or Issue I have a pair of Dynaudio's Focus XD 400 and 200 XD, on neither systems the d...
  • Acron
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Connect
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Samsung wireless multiroom speakers stopped working

My samsung wam751 multiroom speakers suddenly stopped working. I've restarted my entire network, reset the speakers and re-added, tried downgrading the android Spotify app. It doesn't work from the Windows app either. Both Windows and android apps se...

• Roadie
  • ...indows app either. Both Windows and android apps see the speakers and can connect to them but immediately pause play and the songs hang at 0:00 Plan Premium Country NL       &n...
  • helmetjohnny
  • Regular
  • 46 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Connect
    Samsung
  • 46 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution "Connect to WiFi and wake device" when trying to use Alexa speaker group

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacBook Pro 18,1 + iPhoneOperating SystemLatest for both My Question or IssueSpotify Connect + Alexa has always has major issues and never reliable. Today's flavor of the week is this. All the devices in the group are awake...

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 12.18.58 PM.png Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 12.23.29 PM.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device MacBook Pro 18,1 + iPhone Operating System Latest for both   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect + Alexa has always has major issues and never r...
  • MihailY
  • 57 replies
  • 28 likes
  • Connect
  • 57 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Connect issue on multiple platforms examined

PlanPremium(Family)Country Germany Hey, for many of you (including me) Spotify Connect stopped working in March/April 2022 mostly on aged playback devices (Legrand, Sony, Cambridge Audio etc. seem to be affected). For me it is a Cambridge Audio Minx ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium(Family) Country Germany   Hey, for many of you (including me) Spotify Connect stopped working in March/April 2022 mostly on aged playback devices (Legrand, Sony, Cambridge A...
  • Armand
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Connect
  • 11 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playing incorrect version of song through Google Assistant

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3 XL, Google HomeOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen I ask for a specific song using the Google assistant, I get a song with the correct title, but not the version I want or expect. The version I get is n...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3 XL, Google Home Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When I ask for a specific song using the Google assistant, I get a song with the...
  • cbleman
  • Casual Listener
  • 28 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Connect
    music
    Other
  • 28 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Amazon Household / Spotify Connect Issue: Echo Devices only on one Account

PlanPremium DuoCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, iPad 10th Gen., iPad mini 5, several Echo Devices)Operating System(iOS 17.4.1, iPadOS 17.4.1) My Question or IssueHello Spotify-Community,I'm reaching out with the following concer...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ncountering issues with music playback through the Spotify app via Spotify Connect. This feature is essential for us, as Alexa sometimes misunderstands artist names or song titles.   All devices are connect...
  • shed24
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes