Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify TV app showing songs as done at the very start?

Spotify TV app showing songs as done at the very start?

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

2023 Samsung QN65Q60BAFXZC

Operating System

Tizen OS  (T-NKLBAKUC-1622.5, BT - S)

My Question or Issue

I opened the Spotify app on my smart TV to play some music from my playlist. I pressed play, and the first song came up. It said the song was almost done even though the audio just started. By the time the progress bar made it to the end, the song was still going. I restarted the TV and app multiple times and the same issue occurred. I tried playing the same playlist on my phone and it worked fine. I also tried playing the song on my phone and then using the cast button in the mobile app. It showed fine on the phone, but still on the TV it didn't work. I just now noticed, when the song actually does finish you can't go to the next one without using one of your skips.

11 Replies

Same! It’s so annoying. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue could be related to different factors that may affect the proper behavior of the app. So in this case, we'd first recommend reinstalling the app from the TV store and rebooting your TV.

If the issue persists, would you mind trying with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a similar issue, but worse. My progress bar is stuck at the end of the song no matter what. This also breaks the lyrics sync. I have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps like checking for updates, reinstalling, trying different networks, etc.

Hi there @whoknowsreally,

Thanks for reaching out!

Does this happen with a specific playlist? Do you have Spotify open on all devices or does it also occur when it's just running on the TV? If you've linked your Samsung and Spotify accounts within SmartThings, it's worth unlinking them to see if this still persists afterwards and linking them again. A picture of how it looks like on the TV would be really helpful as well. 

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

DessiModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

**bleep** same!! It’s so annoying!

IMG_6398.jpeg

 here is a picture of the song paused.

IMG_6399.jpeg

 and here shortly after pressing play. It’s so annoying. The lyrics won’t match and it happens like every single time. I already tried everything, reinstalling the app, restarting the TV, logging off, and no, there’s no other device streaming at the same time. I’m pretty confident it‘s a problem with the app and not with the TV!

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Smart-TV

My Question or Issue

For several weeks the progress bar in the spotify app on my TV has always been stuck at the end during the whole song. This results in the "up next" showing during the entire song from start to end, and also the lyrics not working because it just show the last sentence during the whole song.

I have updated the TV and re-installed the spotify app several times without any luck.

The audio plays as normal, but the time says "03:15" during the entire 3min15sec song. The entire progress bar is white.

When I open the spotify app on my phone, it shows the correct time that's actually playing on the TV.

20240820_102942.jpg
20240820_102951.jpg

Hey @justpaaul,

Thanks for the info and the pictures!

Can you make sure the Samsung TV displays the correct time in the TV's settings? You can also adjust the time to follow the network. Another thing you can try is to check for any firmware updates:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Go to Support.
  3. Select Software Update. If there is a new update, select “Update now”.

It'd be amazing if you can make a video of how it looks like with the lyrics, so that we can have a closer look. If the file is too large to attach, you can upload it to Google Drive (make sure to allow general access to the file) or as an unlisted YouTube video.

Keep us posted.

DessiModerator

Hey Dessi,

thank you for your reply!

here are the videos:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A_mUuosZrGxnqNRPvWto3lamJwX1EbGi/view?usp=drivesdk

and

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MunfaPWg3AyCtlbC9IBKNI6neq7zTjjL/view?usp=drivesdk

in the first video it’s a few seconds too far, and in the second video a few seconds behind.

Hey folks,

And thanks for all the help @justpaaul!

We've reported this to our tech team, so that they can have a closer look and check what's happening. We'll make sure to give you an update once we have more info about this!

Take care.

DessiModerator

I am now having this conversation issue in my Roku tv. It happens if I’m controlling Spotify from my phone or playing directly from the app on the TV. A song will start to play and then all of a sudden The playback bar skips to the end of the song and then a new song will come on. Sometimes the Play back bar will start for the next song when the previous song is still playing. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

While we can't give you a specific time frame for when this will be fixed, our tech folks are aware of this behavior. In the meantime we recommend keeping the app and your device's OS up-to-date.

Cheers!

MariaModerator

Suggested posts