Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot download (Device limit Reached)

Solved!

Cannot download (Device limit Reached)

Hi, I need some assistance. I’m having some issues with my Spotify app , recently downloaded. Is there anyone that could help me ?

Plan

Premium 

Country

Canada

Device

(IPhone 13 mini)

Operating System

(iOS 15.4)

My Question or Issue

I need some help at the moment, I recently downloaded my Spotify after deleting it a while back with songs downloaded and now my Spotify will no longer let me download as it says the max device limit has been reached. It says to remove all downloads from another device in order to listen on my phone. The thing is I have no other devices with music downloaded, my old iPhone 8 is no longer using my account and there’s no downloads. However my current phone says to remove all downloads but I don’t have any on the app. Is there a way to reset offline devices ? I’m getting a little bit upset with this as I have no way to save music for offline listening now . Please respond back thank you . 

AD61BDA3-6204-4859-A99F-425FFE18E0F9.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Thanks for asking on the Community.

You can download as many as 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. Usually when you have access to the devices, you can remove the downloads either from the Spotify app (Settings > Remove all downloads) or by clearing the app's cache and data.

In case you no longer have access to one of these older devices, where you had downloaded music, you can instead get in touch with the folks over at Customer Support who'll be able to remove them remotely. You can reach them here.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

52 Replies

Im having the same problem on my samsung galaxy s21+ and my ipad pro. Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

facing the same issue 😞

please fix it soon... thank you!

Facing same issue

hey guys! good news 😊 you can DM their support team on Twitter and they will fix it for you... @SpotifyCares they found out that there's been offline device issues on mine.

uh same problem how can we fix this problem ;;😭

hi, you may send DM on their Twitter account @SpotifyCares and they will fix it for you. hope this helps 😊

Hi folks!

If you have downloaded content on several devices, you'll have to remove the downloads from one of them in order to be able to download content on the current device. You can do that in the app's settings > Remove all downloads (clearing the app's data and cache also works).

In case you had downloaded content on a device, that you no longer have access to, we'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support, who'll be able to remove the downloads remotely.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have the family plan with only 4 devices.  How can that be too many devices?  Also, how do I remove an old device?  I don't have any way of doing it.  Thanks!

Hey there @brandenstein,

Thanks for the post.  

This limitation goes only for one Premium account regardless of the subscription type. This means that you'll be able to have content downloaded for offline listening on a maximum of 5 devices in total (5 phones/ PCs).

Can you let us know when exactly you're getting this error message and on what device (model, OS version and Spotify version).

We'll do our best to get to the bottom of this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I have one very stupid issue.

In last couple of days I had some issues with my pc due to which I had to reinstall my OS (Windows 10) and I did that several times and every time I reinstalled it I downloaded spotify and all my music (liked songs, 367 total) and all other apps that I use thinking that I solved the issue with my pc and that I'm good to go but unfortunately I was wrong. I did that several times until I finally solved the issue (SSD was the problem) and now when my pc is fixed I cant download my songs again because I reached some device limit and I cant go back and remove all the songs because they were on the same pc but they have got wiped out with the old OS. Is there any possible way for me to remove that old devices that are literally the same device but with other OS so I can download my songs again or can you somehow reset that on my account? 

I am really sorry because I have caused something like this but I didn't know that something like this could happen, I didn't even think about it but I would really like to fix this because I only got spotify premium because I want to listen offline, so without that my subscription is useless and I really don't want to stop using spotify.

Sorry once again for bothering you and I hope that there is a way to fix this.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 153812.png

Very similar problem,  maybe this forum tread will help?!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Manage-Offline-Devices/td-p/4885237

I have tried "Sign out everywhere" option and restarting the system but sadly nothing changed, but this "Manage Offline Devices" option seems like it would help, like it was made for something like this but of course it does not exist anymore

Have you tried to delete "spotify" folder that is located in >>> your_user_folder/appdata/roaming/ <<<<?!

Now I did, nothing changed

Thank you, I contacted them and they just fixed my issue by removing all connected desktops. It was pretty quick and easy. 10/10 support

I am trying to download on a desktop device. I am using mainly desktops with 1-2 mobile devices.

There is no 'remove all downloads' option in the desktop client, and based on my math there's no way I have 4 or 5 mobile devices with downloads.

Therefore, this can't be the correct solution. Looks like in my case, the solution will require action from Spotify via support as I cannot clear old devices (like what, the phone I lost camping a year ago is going to prevent me from downloading on a new device???)

Also, I have done a 'log out everywhere' and the problem remains. Apparently I can be logged in on 0 devices but have too many devices, which is not the best UI and not the most helpful error message in that context.

Hi there @OzzDizz,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we recommend that you contact our customer support so that they can have a closer look on how many offline devices you might have.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts