Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Duo partner kicked off plan after move

Solved!

Duo partner kicked off plan after move

Plan

Duo

My Question or Issue

Basically, how do I get my partner back on my plan after we have moved and changed regions? Do I have to wait a month for my next payment to go through???

I recently moved countries, hadn't changed my region settings, was still making payments from my old region's bank, no problems on my account, but suddenly my partner was kicked off from our Duo plan, I'm guessing Spotify noticed her IP had changed?

Thinking it was a region thing, I changed my payment method to a local card, changed my address to my current address, and tried to add my partner again. When she tried it though, it said we hadn't put in the same address. She literally copy pasted the address from what I had entered.

I then went back to my account and saw that, although my address under the plan was set to my current address, under my profile it said that my region was still my old one. Some searching led me to see that my region proper won't change until the next payment goes through.

So again, how do I get my partner back on my plan? Do I have to wait for my region to change? If I change my region back, will it work again? This is really frustrating trying to figure out.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Farhan87,

Thanks for reaching out.

As stated here, the changes will take effect from your next billing date 🙂 Once you've been billed on your new payment method, you can invite her again and she should be able to join the plan.

I hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Farhan87,

Thanks for reaching out.

As stated here, the changes will take effect from your next billing date 🙂 Once you've been billed on your new payment method, you can invite her again and she should be able to join the plan.

I hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply Maxim,

It's disappointing that that's really the case. I have only just recently paid my Spotify subscription so it'll be a few weeks before my partner can get back on then. If you happen to know anything I can do, changing my address back, using a VPN, whatever, to get her back on my plan faster that would be appreciated.

Hey @Farhan87,

Thanks for getting back.

Unfortunately, the only way is to wait and no exceptions can be made in such cases.

Spotify doesn't officially support the use of any sort of VPNs or Proxies.

I hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts